Friday, August 5, 2011

I thought TB had been fired!

No such luck. TB hasn't done a game in awhile, so I hoped that the Reds had finally realized how bad he was and canned him. Then, I switched over from WGN to FSN-Ohio today and heard his sweet, sweet voice. Ugh.

This isn't going to be a long post. I'd much rather listen to Len and Bob ... BUT as soon as I switched over, TB made one of his usual blunders. While discussing Tony Campana's inside-the-park homer in the 1st, TB said, "It is the first time a player has hit an inside-the-park homer as his first major league home run since Emilio Bonafacio did it in 2009. It's the first time a Cub has done it since 1948. If I would have told you in 1948 that the Cubs' last appearance in a World Series would be 40 years ago, you would have made a lot of money off me." My first response ... HUH? What does that have to do with anything you're talking about? My second response ... The Cubs were in the World Series in 1910, 1918, 1929, 1932, 1935 and 1945. Sure, they haven't won since 1908, but in TB's time frame, they've been there 6 times, not zero.

And then he starts talking about the lack of left-handed hitters on the Cubs' roster. He said, "You have DeWitt, Colvin and Campana in the starting line-up today. That's two (left-handed hitters) right there." DeWitt+Campana+Colvin = 3. That's it, I'm switching back to WGN pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment