Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hi. My name is Thom Brennaman and I hate Chicago.

Like I said in an earlier blog, TB got canned by the Cubbies and I don't think he has gotten over it. Let's think about this for a second ... Why do people get fired? BECAUSE THEY DON'T DO THEIR JOB WELL. Here's another question ... would TB have a job for the Reds if he wasn't Marty's son? I think it is certainly possible that he wold not be announcing Reds games if his daddy wasn't Marty.

I want to forget for a moment about all of the inaccuracies of TB's "facts," and focus on his extremely biased opinion of all things Chicago Cubs. During the 3rd inning of today's game, TB goes off on a fan for celebrating that he got a foul ball. Apparently, another fan was hit by the foul ball and then it bounced to the fan (who knows what actually happened because it wasn't seen on tv). TB goes off, and I mean OFF about how ridiculous that fan is. Luckily, Chris Welsh brings him back to reality by saying, "It's quite possible that he didn't know she got hit." TB responds, "Give me a break. You have got to be kidding. Someone gets hit and you're celebrating like you caught the ball. What a joke." The best part is that he said all of this with the same amount of umph he had when Bruce hit the HR last year to win the division. An inning later, Soto misses a foul ball by a couple of inches. Despite the fact that Soto had to navigate around the Reds on-deck circle, including bats and pine tar sticks, TB says, "Come on. You have to make that play." This is what I say to that ... Drew "Strike Out" Stubbs should have made that routine catch in CF. He lost it in the sun and the Cubs scored. TB said nothing, just like he said nothing yesterday when the Reds made three errors. I know he's frustrated that the Reds just aren't very good, but there's no need to be unprofessional. The moral of the story:  TB is the biggest joke in town.

I am officially crushed. I just learned that TB does football play-by-play for the Big 10 Network. For those of you that don't know this, I am a HUGE Nebraska fan and I'm not sure if I will be able to handle him disrespecting Corn Nation. Seriously, the guy can't get things right about the Reds (a team he has been around forever) how can we expect him to get anything right about a team that will be new to him? Luckily, the Huskers have six games on channels that aren't TB affiliated, and I can only hope that TB's love for Jim Tressel means he will be stuck with OSU games.

The goods news is that the series with the Cubs is over (after Chicago took 2 of 3), so I won't have to listen to TB if I don't want to for awhile. The bad news is that the Reds and Cubs still have 6 games this season. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment