Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"I would still want my kids to play for Jim Tressel" ...

... Only if my baby daddy was TB. A couple days after Tressel resigned, TB used a Reds broadcast to go on and on and on about the "integrity" of Jim Tressel and how he was the victim of "outside forces." Wow. Let me get this straight ... Tressel knowingly put ineligible players on the field, brokered a deal with the NCAA allowing these ineligible players to play in the Sugar Bowl, lied about it to OSU and the NCAA, and later acknowledged he knew about everything and CHOSE to lie about it ... Yes TB, this is exactly how someone of integrity behaves. Those "outside forces" must have been really strong.

After everything on Tressel came out, TB said that he would still gladly allow his kids to play for him. I'm just glad TB isn't my daddy. TB is whack, and instead of using the broadcasting booth as his soapbox, he should spend a little more time familiarizing himself with what is really happening so he doesn't sound like such a buffoon.

Now I'll get off my soapbox and share some of TB's finer moments from the past couple of days.

During the game last night in LA, TB said, "The Reds made up some ground last night in the West." I had no idea the Reds moved to the NL West. Sounds good to me, that's one less team to beat up on the Cubbies in the Central!

With Travis Wood batting with two on and one out in the second inning of today's game, TB said, "Travis Wood's numbers show he can handle the bat pretty well." Let me get this straight, a .083 average with 11 strikeouts in 24 at bats and a .083 OBP indicates someone handling the bat "pretty well?" Let's just hand Wood the 2011 Silver Slugger Award right now. While we're at it, let's give him the Cy Young too - I'm sure TB would agree that Wood's 4-4 record and 5.38 ERA is totally deserving. Roy Hallady is a punk, I guess.

Jonny Gomes made an awesome catch to end the Dodger threat in the 3rd inning. TB talks about the catch well into the bottom of the 4th inning, and again in the top of the 7th. In the bottom of the 4th, Reds SS Edgar Renteria commits his second error of the game. TB is silent for a moment before acknowledging that it was Renteria's second error, but immediately drops it after that. Why am I telling you this? To show you (once again) that TB has no issue relishing in the good things about the Reds, but can't acknowledge the bad things. After all, it is the 4th error committed by the Reds in two days. Interesting stat for the Reds considering ... "There is no one remotely close in the NL that plays defense like the Reds."

This woman of integrity needs to sign off for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment